This Full Honey Moon in Sagittarius takes place at 6:10 am PST on June 9th. This moon is also called the Strawberry, Rose, or Mead Moon varying in names from different traditions.
This Sagittarius full moon comes at a time of significant transition for the collective as we feel into our deepest dreams and ideals (the target), by activating our devotional embodiment practices (the arrow), held with the wisdom and truth in our hearts (the bow).
Making clear and honest choices towards our greatest dreams is highlighted right now. The blue flame of the Sag moon invites us into deeper Presence so that we can explore important paths/options/choices to support our direction from our bodies intuitive guidance, rather than solely from the logical mind.
This is also a time of celebration for all that is ripe in your life, whether this is related to an attitude of gratitude, completing a job well done or for embodying uplifting qualities, symbolized by the Honey Moon. Therefore, it is important to reward or honour yourself in some way and remain in a state of contentment. Go on and celebrate yourself and this amazing life!
Honey Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Moon
- Herbs: Meadowsweet, Vervain, Parsley, Skullcap
- Colors: Orange, Golden-green
- Stones: Topaz, Agate, Fluorite, Pearl
- Animals: Honey Bee, Butterfly, Frog, Peacock
- Goddesses: Butterfly Maiden, Cerridwen, Ishtar
- Medicine: Contentment, Litha/ Summer Solstice, Time of Light, Choices / Decision Making, Strengthen and reward positive qualities of oneself
- Gratitude Speak: Speak aloud to the Full Moon, or write in your journal 11 things you are great-full for. If writing, place in the moonlight overnight. This practice brings to light more experiences for you to be great-full for.
- Dream Illumination & Sacred Release Journal: What dreams is your soul illuminating for you at this time? What sacred desires are being called into the light? What visions do you have for yourself? How can you clarify and define your dreams? Why are they meaningful and full of purpose? What is between you and your dreams? What is stopping you from living them (focusing on your own patterns, thought forms, behaviors, beliefs)? Burn this paper now for sacred release in a fire or with candles outside in the full moon light. Dance / speak/ move/ sound it out. After this and you feel more space within you, write down and speak aloud to the moon how you now choose to commit and devote yourself to your dreams. How you can take action, receive support and rest into the divine timing of these dreams.
- Honey Medicine: Eat a spoonful of honey in the moonlight, taste the sweetness of all of your life's blessings and recent accomplishments while feeling into trust, that all be provided for, for your life's dreams.
- Devotional Heart: How does your heart want to be expressed/nurtured at this time? What embodiment practices inspire you right now? Dance, yoga, walking, chi gong, archery? Activities that bring you out of your mind and into your body are where it's at when done with the intention of celebrating and honouring yourself and your growing dreams. Trying doing them in the moonlight.
- Elemental Nourishment: Sag Moon is an ideal time for you to get in the Natural World and the Elements. Visit your favorite tree, park, river, ocean or lake etc... Let the wild and sacred medicine of nature seep into your body and your breath. Let the mind go and rest into Earth and practice the art of spaciousness by simply Being.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Share with us what's coming forward for you at this Full Moon time in our Goddess Rising Sisterhood Facebook Group! What are you grate-full for? What blessings are you counting? What embodiment practices are you incorporating into your life at this time?