Wild Sacred Blessings on this first Full Moon of 2016!
We have begun the year off with some potent power. Welcome to 2016 Full Wolf Moon in Leo (Indigenous Tribes of North America gave names to each of the moons, in relation to their qualities connected to nature and the seasons).
The Sacred Wolf Medicine, representing 'Teacher', great wisdom, wildness and inner freedom is beckoning our attention. Maybe you are already feeling it in your bones and are ready to dance and howl! This Wolf Moon reminds us the importance of expressing our heart's truth and our wildness, to live feeling free. Connected with Leo, this moon mirrors the importance of reflecting our light from within, discovering and sharing our greatest gifts, and expressing our creativity from authenticity to expand in true sovereignty, as Wild Queen!
This full moon also illuminates the shadows that need clearing / healing / transforming, which are often thoughts and beliefs preventing us from living in our wild sacred nature and our fullest potential. When we allow for anything in the way to be revealed, we open a portal to having deep compassion with ourself and others and a quantum awakening within to blaze like a wildfire to live more fully and comfortably with our truth and wild essence.
Note, also at this time, our nervous systems become more sensitive. Our internal projections can be amplified and our intuitive insight is heightened.
Wolf Moon Attributes
Tarot: The Star
Herbs: holly thistle, nuts and cones
Colors: white, lavender, blue-violet/indigo, black
Stones: garnet, onyx, jet, chrysoprase, rose quartz
Animals: bear, fox, coyote, wolf
Goddesses: Freya, Brigid, Persephone, Inanna, Sarasvati, Hera
Medicine: awakening, envisioning, beginning/conceiving, rest, protection
- Holy Day: Imbolc
Leo Wolf Moon Ritual
This potent ritual is offered in love to your Bright Soul! The intention of this ritual is to empower you in releasing anything that may be preventing you from living in the fullest expression of your Wild Sacred Feminine Essence and rise in the wisdom, beauty, and truth that you are. Blessings to you!
- Build a fire and bask in the radiant flames. Let the heat penetrate your body. Let the colours into your eyes, empty yourself of thoughts and allow for the flames to guide you deep within. If you can't build a fire, then light some candles and bask in the full moon's light if possible.
- Write down all the things in your life that you were told you couldn't do, or weren't allowed to do and all the beliefs that arose from that. Take your time with this...
- Then Reflect on how this makes you feel, speak your feelings, write them down and allow your body to express these feelings.
- Now investigate how this has affected your life and may still be affecting you. Again, take your time.
- Then offer to the fire all the parts the beliefs that are not true, that you may have been living with. Honour them for their time with you and now they are no longer needed. Sacred. Deep. Release.
- Dance Dance Dance! If with a fire, let the heat of the fire soften your body and move in ways that make you feel free and empowered. Dance your truth. Dance your heart and soul.
- Speak aloud what you are capable of, and the truth of who you are! Speak your wisdom and what your passions are. You can start each sentence with I Am.... and claim your truth. Run wild with this! When you feel complete (and maybe after many tears...) Repeat, "And so it is!" as many times as you like. This will anchor in and affirm your sacred truths.
- Finally, write down these truths, so that you can refer back to it when you need reminded of your power.
- Close with gratitude and long deep breathing. Or, continue in what ever way feels most resonant for you.
Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Preferable in salted water (sensitive stones and jewels leave out the salt part).
Commune: Gather is an intentional way with loved ones and do the above ritual together if possible for extra potency and support. Now is a such a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this powerful and wild and powerful time.
How was this ritual for you? Please feel free to share any insights and reflection (or just come say Hi) in our Goddess Rising Sisterhood Facebook Group. If your not already a part of it, we welcome you to join us.
Full Moon Blessings!
With Wild Love, Achintya Devi
*Included references for Moon Attributes: Moon Magick by DJ Conway