The Aquarius Lughnsadh Full Moon is exact on August 7th at 11:11am PST and the Lunar Eclipse is exact at 11:22 am PST.
Lughnasadh, (pronounced Loog-NAS-ah), also known as Lammas falls on August 1st in the Gregorian calendar. In our Moon Priestess traditions, we celebrate Lunar Lughnasadh on August 7th this year, which is a partial lunar eclipse in the sign of Aquarius.
At this time of fruition, integration and reflection, take time to honour the seeds you've planted and celebrate this time of the first Harvest and your creative powers.
The visionary Aquarian Corn 'Empress' Full Moon (partial) Eclipse coupled with Leo Sun offer a unique window of 'shining' and offering our desires and dreams, to be seen and witnessed, so that we can embody them more fully in devotion to the planet. We are becoming adept to what is and what is not working in our lives through the lens of how we contribute to the world.
This is also known as the Corn Moon.
Corn Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Empress
- Herbs: Chamomile, St. John’s wort, Fennel, Rue
- Colors: Yellow, Gold
- Stones: Tiger's Eye, Carnelian, Red Jasper,
- Animals: Lioness, Phoenix, Hawk
- Goddesses: Gaia, Demeter, Corn Mother
- Medicine: Gathering, Gratitude, Health & Wellness, Friendships, Bounty, Motherhood
Lunar Lughnasadh Eclipse Ritual
Please set aside 30 minutes for this interactive Ritual Meditation. Is best done on the Earth, in Nature if possible, in your bare feet on the day of the eclipse. However, it can also be done the day before or after.
After the Ritual, you are welcome to join us in our Goddess Rising Sisterhood Facebook Group to share all that you are releasing, amplifying, celebrating and declaring.
More Eclipse Ritual Suggestions
- Water Bearer Gratitude: List all the things you are grateful for in your life from this year in how you serve and share your gifts (truly acknowledge yourself), place this in the moonlight (outside or window) to attract more experiences to be grateful for. Then, write down all the things you are ready to release and either burn them or offer them to a body of water.
- Empress Dance: Put on music you love and offer your heart through dance in devotion to how you wish to serve and express your gifts in the world.
- Dream Speak: Pay close attention to your dreams and visions in the full moon. Record them in a journal and speak them out loud. Only by writing them down or speaking them will the sometimes subtle (or not so subtle) meaning and message be revealed to you.
- Water Bearer Moon Bathe: Get into the magic of the moonlight and absorb her luminous, activating, soul stirring and healing balm. Look to the moon and speak the visions that you see for yourself and for the planet.
- Gem Stone Activation Meditation: Place any of the above gemstones (after they have been charged in the moonlight) or ones you are currently working with, on your brow point/third eye either during the full moon or in the sun light to activate your visionary center of intuition and receive the messages that you are ready for. Breathe fully and deeply as you lie down and relax.
- Journal Questions: What is an Empress? How does she serve? How can I embody the Archetype of Empress in my own life? What is a Water Bearer? How am I that? What am I ready to release so that I can serve more fully on my dharmic path? What gifts am I ready to shine?
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Visionary Water Bearer' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Self-Care Tips This Eclipse Season
(for the rest of the month)
- Drink extra water
- Walk on the earth barefoot
- Swim in living water (ocean, steam, river)
- Take Baths with salt and clay
- Practice alternate nostril breathing
- Take extra naps and rest
- Wear head coverings (hats or shawls) to keep your energy sealed within
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Attributes inspired from DJ Conway.