This Full Moon in Scorpio takes place at 2:42pm PST on May 10th.
Welcome to Lunar Beltane (the full moon of May)! A time of celebrating your fertile dreams, body and soul, springing forth into new life. Just as a flower blooms, in this Flowering Moon, you are being invited to honour yourself for all the ways in which you are already expanding and growing. Gratitude and Self-Love Rituals to nourish the body and mind are especially powerful right now. As the Moon is in Scorpio, this is also a time where the depths of your soul and psyche may emerge from the darkness into the Light of the Full Moon for you to experience revelations and powerful insight.
Now is a most auspicious window to create space to consciously listen to how you feel in your body and allow the wisdom of your womb space to guide you in a mystical an embodied way on your path. Be sure to honour the power of passionate communion (with self or other) and give reverence for the gift of your sacred sensuality. It is the power of Creation itself.
This Moon is also known as the Wesak Moon in Buddhist Tradition. It was the Full moon in May that the Buddha was born, later experienced enlightenment as the Buddha and finally passed on from the body (YES, all on the Full Moon of May). It is said that it is during this time that we have the blessing and opportunity of Great Awakening. Blessed be.
Flower Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Lovers
- Herbs: Elder, Mint, Rose, Mugwort, Thyme
- Colors: Green, Brown, Pink
- Stones: Emerald, Malachite, Amber, Carnelian, Moonstone
- Animals: Cats, Lynx, Leopard, Swan, Dove
- Goddesses: Maia, Venus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Bast, Astarte
- Moon Medicine: Creation, Love, Intuition, Divine Connection, Connection with Nature, Sexuality, Sensuality Beltane
- Make Love to Life: Whether this means literally making love with intentional celebration of your creative forces and pleasure, or metaphorically, this is time to put your hearts desires into motion. Dance. Paint. Sing. Play music. Weave. Craft.
- Vision Board: Take action to bring all your sacred visions to form with a vision board and place it under the moon light for blessed activation.
- Fire Moon Ritual: Get into Nature. Take off your shoes. Breathe in the air and remember that your cycles mimic Her's. Give any of your limiting beliefs and fears to the Fire (either by building one, or with candles). With movement and voice, write them down and burn them. This is an act of purification and activation and a releasing of any heavy weight or burdens you may be carrying. Then welcome in and all the feelings inside of you that make you feel WONDERFUL and move in that direction. Literally.
- Moon Elixir: Combine mint/rose/tulsi/hibiscus/cinnamon tea with honey and you've got a simple and delicious fiery elixir. Place it in Full Moon light (you can even add a quartz crystal into your cup for added magic), drink in all that you are great-full for and sip in celebration of your feminine lunar essence.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Attributes adopted by DJ Conway
THE ALCHEMICAL EMPRESS RETREAT
Bowen Island, BC Canada
Half Moon August 25 - 30, 2017
Rise and spread your wings! Sisters, I invite to join us from August 25 - 30th. Our retreat serves to empower you as a vessel of the Sacred and catalyze the next evolution of your Sovereignty, Leadership and Feminine Power.
Individually you are encouraged to rest into self-care nourishment, listen to the voice of your soul, and welcome the power of the Moon & the Goddess to guide you from within to courageously rise into the next phase of your life, leadership and divine unfoldment. As a sisterhood temple, we will journey with a powerful Rituals, Nature Adventures and Embodiment Practices to lovingly empower your Womb, Heart and Soul!
Our Eco-friendly Retreat Home, Nectar Yoga B&B, is set on 1.2 acres, with elegant and cozy northwest accommodations just a few minutes walk from the Pacific Ocean, that includes a Finnish sauna and geodesic Nature dome as our temple.
4 Spots Remain
I'd love to be with you for this Magickal experience this Summer!
* APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MAY 18 *