Welcome to the first Full Moon of 2017!
We begin the year off with some potent power!
The name 'Wolf Moon' comes from Indigenous Tribes of North America, who gave names to each of the moons, in relation to their qualities connected to nature and the seasons. This particular moon was when the wolves would appear in the middle of winter, howling with hunger in villages.
Wolf Medicine, representing ‘Teacher’, great wisdom, wildness and inner freedom is beckoning our attention. Maybe you are already feeling it in your bones and are ready to dance and howl! This Wolf Moon reminds us of the importance to express our heart's truth and our wildness, to live feeling free.
Connected with Cancer, this moon mirrors the importance of 'Home'. The home that is our own body temple, our physical dwelling place and being at home on this planet. Caner moon reflects to us the importance of honouring the waters of our physical and emotional bodies and amplifies our deepest soul feelings.
It can illuminate the shadows that need clearing / healing / transforming and with all planets being direct (slowly but surely gaining more momentum) there is much Grace and assistance present for shining into our fullest potential and making way for quantum leaps of awakening within.
Remember, that when we allow our surfacing emotions to be embraced, we open up for deep messages of wisdom to come through us. May we be gentle with ourselves and create some space to be in the supportive energy of this fascinating combo of 'wild hibernation'.
WOLF MOON ATTRIBUTES
- Tarot: The Star
- Herbs: Holly thistle, Nuts and cones
- Colors: White, Lavender, Blue-violet/indigo, Black
- Stones: Garnet, Onyx, Jet, Chrysoprase, Rose quartz
- Animals: Bear, Fox, Coyote, Wolf
- Goddesses: Freya, Brigid, Persephone, Inanna, Sarasvati, Hera
- Medicine: Awakening, Envisioning, Beginning/conceiving, Rest, Protection
- Holy Day: Imbolc
- Mini Hibernation: Be quiet & still for 20 mins. Listen. Feel your heart beat. Breath deep. Be present with yourself. Journal any insights that may arise.
- River Flow: Let yourself cry. For reals. Emotional Cancer is asking us to release held emotions in the body. This is a healthy way to cleanse the emotional body and opens us up for the next level of deep wisdom to move through us.
- Envision: Turn off distractions. Put your legs up the wall for 20 mins, practice long deep breathing and feel into your body all the qualities you would like to highlight in your life.
- Magic: Place (or newly create) your 2017 intentions under the moonlight to activate your New Years reSOULutions. Place an apple beside it and eat it the next day.
- Moon Speak: Create an altar representing all you are calling forth for 2017 at a location that will receive the blessings of the moonlight for activation.
- Movement: Put on music representing your present mood and let yourself flow for 30 mins.
- Water: Drink more of it. Get your body into it. Move like it.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation.
- Commune: Gather is an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now is a time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Wild Moon Love, Achintya
Included References For Attributes: Moon Magick by DJ Conway