The Aries Hunter's Blood Moon is exact today October 5th at 11:40am PDT.
This bright moon is called Hunter's Moon because it made it easy for hunters to see prey in preparation for the winter ahead. This moon is also the Harvest Moon being closest to the Equinox. And, it is also called the Blood Moon. It is shaking our foundation loose of any falsity in our lives, from within our blood lines... our very DNA, to return again to our center, to our true power and strength.
With so much upheaval and conflict in our inner and outer worlds and with the Moon in Aries, ruled by Mars, the God of War, we have the opportunity to ignite the inner and outer (r)evolution of our lives by releasing our anger, rage, and fear in healthy ways, as to avoid continued internal tension and external aggression.
The Aries Moon Medicine is also lighting us up to take external action as the (r)evolutionary and contribute with our voice, energy, money (any form of action) to participate in the change we wish to see in the world. Whatever it is that inspires you. Move in that direction.
Blood / Hunter's Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Magician
- Herbs: Basil, Chives, Dragon’s blood, Geranium
- Colors: Crimson red, Gold
- Stones: Ruby, Garnet, Rose quartz
- Animals: Bear, Wolf, Hawk
- Goddesses: Hestia, Hathor, Ceres, Ishtar, Venus, Bast
- Medicine: energy into creating and producing; change; self-reliance; tempering emotional flare-ups; taking
- Authentic Inquiry Journaling: Bring your pen in hand to paper and let your heart answer these potent questions. What am I holding on to that may feel safe, but is truly not serving? In what ways to do I perpetuate tension, anger, repressed emotions and injustice in my inner and outer world? What do I consciously choose to burn away and release with love and gratitude? What is shaking loose within me? What can I let go of? What does my soul/heart need right now? What is the deep unwavering truth of who I am? How can I contribute?
- Move your Body and Dance Dance Dance: It is time to SHAKE loose all that is not your truth and ignite love through the body. Get in your body, breath deep, let go and let God/dess.
- (R)evolutionary Action: Take 1 - 3 steps to actively contribute to the change you wish to see. This could be money, energy, your voice, art, supporting another person, cause or organization.
- Remember: Put out your gemstones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal, and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
BLESSED BLOOD MOON!
Love, Achintya Devi