What do we take with us from winter's wisdom into spring? What do we leave behind? The Sage Moon Archetype is represented by the High Priestess and Virgo is the Divine Feminine and the 'Virgin'. In this Full Moon, we are called to illuminate Self Sovereignty. The word 'virgin' originally meant "whole unto oneself". What does it mean to be sovereign unto oneself? What does it feel like to be in our full power? At this full moon, we are asked to explore with a mystical lens (Pisces Sun) all the ways in which we give our power away and how we can reclaim it. The moon reflects to us the importance of activating our inner discernment, wisdom and intuition to ground our visions and dreams to earth. This is to embody our Wise Woman/Sage/Priestess.
The portal is open for us to reclaim our power by taking responsibility for our actions, thoughts, and spoken words. At this time, we are summoned to the mindset/paradigm of choosing, creating and being accountable.
Step forth, dear one, to ask for what you need, express your heart with authenticity and celebrate the power of your emotions, wisdom, value and intuition. Now is the time to create and design your human experience from a grounded place of focused intention, service and beauty woven with mystery, the non-linear and the magical. There is great insight and healing when we pay attention to both our dreams and the signs right in front of us!
This is our Moon Medicine.
- Tarot: High Priestess
- Herbs: Hyssop, Balm of Gilead, Myrrh, Sage
- Colours: Light blue, Violet
- Stones: Amethyst, Jasper
- Animals: Otter, Eagle, Unicorn
- Goddesses: Brigid, Quan Yin, Diana
- Medicine: rising energy, purification, new growth, honoring and forgiving yourself, self-love, accepting responsibility, future planning and design
MOON RITUAL SUGGESTIONS:
- Embrace The Heart: This can be a very intense part of the lunar cycle. Be patient with all the emotions you are feeling at this time. Breathe into them. Give them a safe resting place and a healthy funnel of expression. Be gentle with yourself.
- Seva: Practice selfless service by doing something for someone else (maybe even a stranger) that would brighten their day.
- Express Yourself: Whether through voice or movement, sing, speak and move from a place of your authentic heart to engage with the current expression of your own body & soul.
- Gratitude: Now is a beautiful time to reach out and share with others what you are most grateful for about them. Gratitude can also be expressed to oneself and to the Great Mystery with reverence for all our blessings at this time.
- Intentional Design: Take the reins of your schedule and create some order. Design or arrange your home space to represent your essence.
- Moon Prayers: With the full moon light, write down or speak your prayers for yourself, loved ones and the planet. The full radiant moon amplifies your word.
- High Priestess: Make time for quiet and stillness as the moon rises. Meditate in the full moon light and open yourself receive intuitive guidance and support.
- Reclaim Self Sovereignty: In your journal, write down out all the ways that you are currently blaming outside circumstances or people for your own discomfort or unhappiness. Take personal accountability by writing down all the choices, attitudes and actions (including non-action) that are keeping you from living your full potential. Write down all that you are ready to release and all that you are calling forth for your present life to move forward aligned to your heart desires and to get your own needs met. Commit to two action steps to make this real for yourself. Now then, get to it. Welcome to Self Sovereignty.
- Speak In First Person: Practice speaking from your own personal experience, beginning with 'I', instead of saying 'you'. Example: Instead of saying, "When you went into the ocean, you could hear the whales," you would say, "When I went into the ocean, I could hear the whales." This draws energy back into yourself, creates more power in your speech and opens clarity in your body intelligence.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation.
- Commune: Gather is an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now is a time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
IN THE LIGHT OF THIS FULL MOON, I HAVE GREAT NEWS TO SHARE
The Water Bearers Campaign
Feb 22 - March 22, 2016
I invite you to be part of something very special with me, as a part of our activated and empowered Global Sisterhood Community. I am 1 of 100 Women Leading a Movement to get One Million people Clean Water in just 30 days. Though it’s a big goal, it’s easier than you may think for us to achieve.
And when we do, it will be a first in history.
The waters are calling us to take action. To both remember the power of the waters within us as women, and to create solutions for people everywhere the right to clean water.
I lovingly ask you to donate $50 starting on Feb 22 and before March 22.
Your $50 donation will provide clean water for 100 people!
Yes, you read that right. And it will last for a decade. It’s a sustainable solution. Together we can make a HUGE difference for people all over the world. Please join in with me and our Goddess Rising Sisterhood united with the Water Bearers
#fortheloveofwater #womenwaterwisdom #goddessrisingsisterhood
With Aloha & Wild Moon Love, Achintya Devi
Included references: Moon Magick by DJ Conway