We have come to the final full moon of the year! On Tuesday, December 13 at 4:05 pm PST | 7:05 pm EST, the moon will be full and in the sign of Gemini. With October, November and December of this year, we've had 3 consecutive Super Moons and this Cold Moon is the culmination of these energies before we enter a powerful 2017.
This last super moon of 2016 in Gemini asks us to illuminate our shadows and take responsibility for any communication that still needs to take place for making amends/ for forgiveness/ for clearings. This may be with yourself or other (including your ancestors). What may need to be shared to feel complete before the year closes?
What else needs to be cleared, cut away, or cleaned up all that is no longer necessary in your life? Just as the leaves fall to allow for the silence and spaciousness of winter, we too must let go to make room for new life...
This Full Moon is also the time for us to gather and rise in the power of our sovereignty to communicate with Spirit and Earth for what we truly wish to amplify. For our lives, for the future, for our families and communities, for the Earth, for the World. This communication can include song, dance, words, actions, and feelings. When we direct the power of our affirmations in this way, we catalyze healing and transformation within and all around us. With our prayers and activated visions, we assist in bringing into being the world we want to live in.
Cold Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Sun
- Herbs: Holly, Fir, Mistletoe
- Colors: Blood red, White, Silver, Forest green
- Stones: Turquoise, Blue Topaz, Black Tourmaline; Hematite
- Animals: Bear, Deer, Wolf, Robin, Snowy owl
- Goddesses: Ixchel, Kali, Hathor, Hecate, Frigga
- Medicine: Hibernation; Rebirth of the light; Darkness; Connecting with loved ones; Yule: Winter Solstice; Darkness; Turning within; Shadow work
The 'Cold Moon' traditionally refers to the December Moon, as was tracked by Native American cultures. Some tribes called it Long Nights Moon, referring to the longer nights before Solstice.
Gemini Ritual Suggestions
- Share: Write a letter or make a phone call to a person that you need to communicate with in to feel complete. Express your truth with heart and sincerity.
- Burn it: Write a list of the communication/thoughts that are happening inside your head that you are ready to shift. Beliefs, stories, habits, all that you wish to leave behind in 2016. What are you letting go of? Free it up. Give it voice. Let it out. Let it go and burn it (safely) with a candle or campfire or fireplace. Then proceed to ritual below.
- Stand in your Illuminated Vision: Let your visions come to life! Go deeper from the above ritual. With the space created from what you released, it's now time to get creative with making a 'vision board' of your medium (whether visually with a painting or drawings or dance or write in your journal) and express your truth, dreams and visions, and all that you wish to bring more attention and energy to for yourself and for the planet. Place this out into the moonlight/speak it/sing it during the full moon window.
- Gem Stone Reminder: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal, and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
With Wild Lunar Love, Achintya