This Aries Super Moon (which means that it is closer to the Earth than usual, making it appear larger) sparks new potential, passion, play and possibilities on Oct 15 9:23pm PST/Oct 16 12:23am EST. Also called the Blood Moon, this Full Hunter's Moon comes from the approach of winter signaled the possibility of going hungry in pre-Industrial times. This moon was generally associated with great honour, serving as an important feast day in both northern Europe and among many Native American tribes.
Traditionally, Native American hunters used the full moon of October to stalk deer to prepare for the coming winter. Because the fields were traditionally harvested in late September or early October, hunters could also easily see deer and foxes (and other animals) that came out in the full moon to the fields of fallen grains.
With this moon Aries, we welcome in the medicine of new beginnings and initiations. If you are in the southern hemisphere, this harmonizes with your Spring growth and if you are in the northern hemisphere, this polarizes with your Autumn descent.
Utilize the power of this moon for your deep growth. Because it is a super moon, this can intensify emotions, creating heat and friction. Use the energy of Aries Moon, coupled with the Sun in Libra to consciously to burn away what is no longer needed in your relationships and ignite new passion and ways of communication to create greater harmony and beauty in your life. It is time to initiate new boundaries and reclaim your power with artistic flare. Dance, sing, paint for both releasing of energy and to create that which you desire.
You are are guided and graced!
- Astrology: Libra Sun, Artist's Moon, Hunter's Moon
- Tarot: Strength
- Herbs: Copal, Fennel, Wheat, Valerian
- Colors: Brown, Yellow-Green, Yellow
- Stones: Citrine, Peridot, Tiger’s Eye, Olivine, Amethyst
- Animals: Snake, Jackal, Sparrow
- Goddesses: Ceres, Isis, Freya
- Medicine: Rest after labor, Balance of light & dark, Organize, Clean out Mental/Physical/Emotional/Spiritual Clutter
Full Moon Ritual Suggestions
- Make Space: Initiate Release and create beauty at the same time by going through your cupboards, closet, garage etc... and let go of the excess. Spaciousness feels so good and you open yourself up to more internal power and creative life-force.
- Be Still: With so much frequency shift happening now, simply closing your eyes to pay attention to your breath to pause for 5 minutes will do wonders for your nervous system (especially if you can do this 3 times a day, and longer than 5 if possible. Do what you can). Make sure to get a long and full sleep.
- Burn It Up. Affirm Your Truth: Write a list of the mental baggage that is happening inside that mind of yours. Beliefs, stories, habits. All that you are done with! Free it up. Give it voice. Let it out! Let it go and burn it (safely) with a candle or campfire or fireplace. Then proceed to ritual below.
- Artistically Activate Your Illumination: Let out your inner artist with being a critic. Do deeper from the above ritual and get creative with making a vision board or a painting or dance or write in your journal your truth, and all that you initiating and bringing with you into the next season ahead. Place this out into the moonlight/speak it/sing it during the full moon window.
- Gem Stone Reminder: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal, and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
With Wild Lunar Love, Achintya