Traditionally, Beltane is a Celtic fire festival in celebration of fertility, passion and the waking of Mother Earth from winter's slumber into the blossoming of Spring. Thus, this is known as the Flower Moon and is an invitation for you to also blossom into the fullness of your passion and pleasure.
With the moon in Scorpio, we are navigating through the watery depths of ourselves, to know, but mostly to feel what our truest desires are. You are being called to investigate yourself with the translucent light of the moon and set free any surfacing conditions that keep you chained to beliefs and programming (whether from society, religion, or self etc) that keep you from FEELING amazing and LIVING your purpose and your gifts.
Now is the time when are deepest fears can come to light so that we can see them and transform them. This weekend, welcome these fears if they surface, and embrace them. See them for what they are, and set yourself free by jumping through the fires of your desires and dance in celebration of your heart truth. Make love to life (however you may choose) with passion and pleasure and embody the essence of your feminine power.
Flower Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Lovers
- Herbs: Elder, Mint, Rose, Mugwort, Thyme
- Colors: Green, Brown, Pink
- Stones: Emerald, Malachite, Amber, Carnelian, Moonstone
- Animals: Cats, Lynx, Leopard, Swan, Dove
- Goddesses: Maia, Venus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Bast
- Moon Medicine: Creation, Love, Intuition, Divine Connection, Connection with Nature, Sexuality, Sensuality Beltane
- Make Love to Life: Whether this means literally making love with intentional celebration of your creative forces and pleasure, or metaphorically, this is time to put your hearts desires into motion. Dance. Paint. Sing. Play music. Weave. Craft.
- Release With Mother Earth: Get into Nature. Take off your shoes. Breathe in the air and remember that your cycles mimic Hers. Give your limiting beliefs and fears to the Earth with movement and voice, write them down and burn them. Welcome in transformation and all the feelings inside of you that make you feel GOOD! Move in that direction.
- Sacred Elixir Making: Traditionally Beltane is celebrated with Mead, a honey wine, representing the nectar of the heart. You can drink this or create your own rendition of a Beltane Elixir. Combine cold mint/ rose/tulsi tea with honey and bubbly water and you've got a simple and delicious elixir. Place it in Full Moon light and drink in all that you are great-full for. Let is wash away your limiting beliefs and fears as you sip in the celebration of your feminine essence and being ALIVE.
- Handfasting: This is a form of marriage unto a beloved with a commitment of one year. Every year the vows are then renewed, or not. Take some ribbon or string or a bracelet that you already have, and infuse it with your commitment to yourself this year. Make a marriage, a commitment unto yourself to living your desire, your passion, your truth.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a 'Moon Wisdom' breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Wild Moon Love, Achintya
~ Upcoming Featured Event ~
We welcome you to join us, Aradia Sunseri of Ritual Movement Arts & Achintya Devi of Goddess Rising, for a week long Immersion on Maui dedicated to:
- Women's Vitality Practices
- Sacred Temple Fusion Bellydance
- Goddess Tradition & Moon Wisdom
- Hawaiian Nature Exploration
- Earth Magic/Sacred Sites
EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS MAY 20th. LIMITED SPACES.
*Included references for Moon Attributes: Moon Magick by DJ Conway