We begin the year off with some potent power. Welcome to 2015 Full Wolf Moon in Cancer. Wolf medicine represents the 'Teacher' and great wisdom. Wolf is now howling to us, reminding us to embrace our wildness and our truth. Connected with Cancer, this moon reflects to us the importance of honouring our body and emotional intelligence. We are being pulled to the past to clear/heal/transform any thoughts and beliefs preventing us from living our fullest potential and making way for quantum awakening within. When we allow our surfacing emotions to be embraced, we open up for deep messages of wisdom to come through us. May we be gentle with ourselves and create some space to be in the supportive energy of hibernation.
WOLF MOON ATTRIBUTES
- Tarot: The Star
- Herbs: holly thistle, nuts and cones
- Colors: white, lavender, blue-violet/indigo, black
- Stones: garnet, onyx, jet, chrysoprase, rose quartz
- Animals: bear, fox, coyote, wolf
- Goddesses: Freya, Brigid, Persephone, Inanna, Sarasvati, Hera
- Medicine: awakening, envisioning, beginning/conceiving, rest, protection
- Holy Day: Imbolc
- Mini Hibernation: Be quiet & still for 20 mins. Listen. Feel your heart beat. Breath deep. Be present with yourself. Journal any insights that may arise.
- River Flow: Let yourself cry. For reals. Emotional Cancer is asking us to release held emotions in the body. This is a healthy way to cleanse the emotional body and opens us up for the next level of deep wisdom to move through us.
- Envision: Turn of distractions. Put your legs up the wall for 20 mins, practice long deep breathing and feel into your body all the qualities you would like to highlight in your life.
- Magic: Place (or newly create) your 2015 intentions under the moonlight to activate your New Years reSOULutions. Place an apple beside it and eat it the next day.
- Moon Speak: Create an altar representing all you are calling forth for 2015 at a location that will receive the blessings of the moonlight for activation.
- Movement: Put on music representing your present mood and let yourself flow for 30 mins.
- Water: Drink more of it. Get your body into it. Move like it.
- Remember: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation.
- Commune: Gather is an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now is a time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.
Wild Moon Love, Achintya
Image: Phoenix Brantley/ @polaphoenix on Instagram.
Included references: Moon Magick by DJ Conway